International students

The numbers of internationally mobile students are increasing and destinations diversifying. “Internationally mobile students” typically are issued a student visa or permit to pursue a tertiary (or higher) degree in the destination country. These individuals are also called “degree-mobile students”, to emphasize the fact that they would be granted a foreign degree, and to distinguish them from “credit-mobile students” on short exchange or study-abroad trips.